Current Residence: Park City, UT
From: Shelburne Falls, MA
Sarah found bikes when a torn ACL sidelined her from a collegiate Nordic skiing career. She spent several years riding recreationally on the road, only trying mountain biking later on a whim. Hooked, six months later Sarah raced her first 24-hour solo race, completing over ten 24-hour races as well as other endurance and ultra-endurance races over the next four years. In 2011 Sarah turned her attention to XC racing and followed the Pro XCT series, finishing the series ranked eighth and earning the opportunity to race at the Windham World Cup. She had high hopes for 2012 but spent much of the season sidelined, first with Mono and later with several fractures sustained after being hit by a car. 2013 will be a come-back year and Sarah is looking forward to simply riding and racing with good health!
Sarah works for Stan’s NoTubes Elite Women’s Team sponsor elete Electrolytes. She hopes to share the joy mountain biking has brought her with others by being involved with the emerging Utah High School Mountain Bike League.
- 5th GC, 2012 Trans-Sylvania Epic Stage Race
- 6th, 2011 Mellow Johnny’s ProXCT XC
- 1st, 2010 24 Hour National Championships, Duo Female (partner, KC Holley)
- 3rd, 2010 Park City Point to Point
- 2nd, 2009 24 Hour Solo National Championships
- 1st, 2009 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo, Solo
- 1st, 2007 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo, Solo