Jenny is a New Zealander who lives in Gunnison, Colorado with her husband Brian and their dog Max.
She moved to the US in 1999 to run for the Western State Colorado University Cross Country team. Brian introduced her to mountain biking on a spring trip to Moab, Utah in 2000. By the end of that weekend Mountainbiking had become a new found passion.
Jenny began racing in 2000. She has since competed in XC Mountainbike, Xterra triathlon, MTB Stage Races as well as Marathon distance and 100 mile Endurance Races.
The ever evolving nature of cycling along with the continued room for improvement have kept her interest, Jenny loves the sport now more than ever.
Jenny combines her cycling with coaching. Her company JennySmithCoaching coaches cycling and triathlon clients. She is also a cycling coach for the Western State Colorado University Collegiate team.
Jenny and Brian are expecting a baby in May of 2013. Jenny is excited and happy for the changes and adventures that will come with being an athlete mother.
Highlights of Jenny’s Athletics:
- Represented New Zealand in three sports at World Championships: Track and Field, Mountainbiking and Xterra triathlon
- 4th and 6th at Xterra World Championships
- 1st Xterra Amazon 2010 (inaugural triathlon held in the Amazon region)
- 5-time USA Xterra Championships Podiums: (2nd, 4th, 5th) 2006-2010
- 4th and 5th Leadville 100 2011 -2012.
- 3rd Trans Sylvania Stage race 2012.
- 2nd Cape Epic MTB stage race (Stan’s NoTubes teammate Sue Haywood)
- 1st Brazil ride stage race 2010 (mixed with husband Brian)
- 1st Trans Andes stage race 2010 (women’s team with Rebecca Rusch)
- 2nd Andalucía stage race 2011 (Stan’s NoTubes teammate Kathy Sherwin)
- 1st and record holder, Karapoti Classic (Australasia’s longest running MTB race), Wellington, NZ